Lloyd R. Tatum
JUDICIAL LAW CLERK FOR THE HONORABLE CHARLES O'BRIEN, TENNESSEE COURT OF CRIMINAL APPEALS, SUMMER OF 1983.
LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN TENNESSEE SINCE 1986.
MADISON COUNTY PROSECUTOR FOR THE DISTRICT ATTORNEY GENERAL FOR THE 26TH JUDICIAL DISTRICT, 1985-1986, JACKSON, TENNESSEE.
DIVERSE PRIVATE PRACTICE OF LAW IN AND AROUND HENDERSON, TENNESSEE FROM 1986 TO PRESENT
TRIED TO JURY VERDICT APPROXIMATELY 125 CRIMINAL CASES, INCLUDING DEATH PENALTY CASE, AS PROSECUTOR OR DEFENSE ATTORNEY IN STATE AND FEDERAL TRIAL COURTS.
TRIED TO JURY VERDICT APPROXIMATELY 30 CIVIL CASES OF MANY TYPES IN ALL COURTS, INCLUDING AS PRO HAC VICE IN VIRGINIA.
APPELLATE COUNSEL IN APPROXIMATELY SEVENTY FIVE APPEALS IN STATE AND FEDERAL APPELLATE COURTS: counsel of record in many reported appellate cases:
Simmons v. O'Charley's, Inc., 914 S.W.2d 895 (Tenn.App. 1995)
State v. Simpson, 968 S.W.2d 776 (Tenn. 1998)
State v. Vincent, 737 S.W.2d 561 (Tenn.Crim.App. 1987)
Leek v. Powell, 884 S.W.2d 118 (Tenn.App. 1994)
United States v. McNeil, 923 F.2d 450 (6th Cir. 1991);
Odle v. Decatur County, 421 F.3d 386 (2005).
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- Family Law
- Personal Injury
- Social Security Disability
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, Birmingham, Alabama
- Juris Doctor - 1984
- Southwestern At Memphis (Now Rhodes College
- B.A. In United States History - 1978
Honors and Awards
- SELECTED AS ONE OF BEST LAWYERS IN TN. 2005 AND ONE OF TOP 101 LAWYERS IN TN. 2004.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Tennessee Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Member
- Tennessee Bar Association, Member
- Tennesee Bar Association's House of Delegates, Past Member
- Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association, Member